1 Day, How to ARC (MMA) Welding Course
This one day course at our Telford Based Welding School will cover the following:
Theory and Practical on Manual Metal Arc (MMA) Welding
• Safety In Welding
• The equipment for carrying out MMA welding.
• Safety with MMA welding.
• Setting up an MMA welder
• Understand the terminology used in welding.
• Identify electrode sizes and their correct amperages.
• The method used in striking and maintaining the arc.
• The importance of electrode angles and amperages.
• Electrode travel speed and angles.
• Producing a “T fillet”.
• Material Preparation
• Advice on applications.
You’ll receive instruction on a various range of material thicknesses with the goal of covering the
basic principles of MMA welding and setting you on the right path to ensure you get the best results you can.
A How To Weld Guide Book and Welder Settings Guide are provided.
The course is held from 9.00am to 4.00pm (12.00-1.00pm Lunch Break)
(A maximum of 8 people will be on each course)